Progressive Monstessori School Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teachers - Parents Column

+3
hstancato
sthornberry
Admin
7 posters

Go down

Teachers - Parents Column Empty Teachers - Parents Column

Post  Admin Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:07 pm

Welcome Teachers and Parents,

Please register to post from this column...

Admin
Admin

https://promontessori.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Teachers - Parents Column Empty Success Story

Post  sthornberry Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:46 pm

Our older son, Nathan, began his Progressive Montessori experience in January 2004 when he was 2 years old. We began to see changes immediately! He fell in love with school and would even get upset when he had to stay home. Nathan's birthday is in December so he was unable to begin kindergarten until he was almost 6 years old. His Progressive teachers told me they believed he was advanced and might need more of an academic challenge in school--and they were correct! Nathan entered kindergarten being able to read and spell well beyond the 2nd grade level! This year he is in 1st grade and his reading test scores place him reading at the 4th grade level. All of this is directly related to the education he received at Progressive Montessori!

I am a social studies teacher and I was amazed when Nathan came home, at age 3, listing and locating the continents and oceans on a map. He is now studying multiplication because his 1st grade teacher feels that the addition and subtraction they are learning in class is too simple for Nathan. Because of Nathan's abilities he will be placed in all advanced classes this school year. By 3rd grade he will be enrolled in classes that are two grade levels ahead of his assigned grade level. Needless to say, we didn't need to question whether or not Nathan's younger brother, Caleb, would attend Progressive Montessori. In fact, he is currently enrolled--and loving it!

Any time I meet a parent who is questioning where to send his/her child I always recommend Progressive Montessori. The staff, parents, and students are so welcoming. We are still in close contact with some of the parents and students that were in Nathan's toddler class. Caleb is thriving in his studies and never ceases to amaze us with his knowledge and skills. Nathan still visits from time to time when I pick up his brother. Nathan has fond memories of his time at Progressive and has even asked for a job!

If you are reading this and your child is not enrolled at Progressive Montessori, please take time to visit the school and I believe that you will not leave there without enrolling your child. Your child(ren) will love the teachers, lessons, and social environment. You will love knowing that your child is with people who are going to nurture and enrich your child's life and education.

Thank you for reading our success story!
Sandy Thornberry

sthornberry

Back to top Go down

Teachers - Parents Column Empty Progressive Montessori Experience

Post  hstancato Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:55 pm

My daughter started at a daycare before we brought her to Progressive Montessori at the age of 3. The improvement I have seen in her confidence is tremendous. She loves going to school and talks endlessly about her friends and the work she does everyday. My daughter is almost 5 now and I can confidently say that bringing her to this school was the best thing we could have done for her. Most importantly, the teachers are highly trained and the staff is always warm and welcoming. I would recommend Progressive to any parent who is looking for an environment that will help their children grow, both socially and intellectually.

Haley Stancato

hstancato

Back to top Go down

Teachers - Parents Column Empty Re: Teachers - Parents Column

Post  FrancescaSaxe Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:25 pm

As a parent I want to know that GABRIELLE is
1. SAFE
2 BEING TREATED WITH
KINDNESS LOVE DIGNITY
AND RESPECT all the while
RECEIVING AN EDUCATION
THAT WILL PREPARE HER FOR
FUTURE LEARNING.
PROGRESSIVE MONTESSORI HAS EXCEEDED OUR EXPECTATIONS. WE ARE THRILLED WITH ALL THAT SHE HAS LEARNED AND WILL CONTINUE TO LEARN THRU THE PROGRESSIVE MONTESSORI WAY
THE TEACHERS And STAFF ARE ALL WONDERFUL PEOPLE AND TRULY CARE ABOUT GABRIELLE ALONG WITH EACH AND EVERY STUDENT AND EACH AND EVERY PARENT.
I have stated this from the very beginning ....when Gabrielle was in the infant room----- WE CHOSE A VERY SPECIAL SCHOOL WITH VERY SPECIAL TEACHERS!!

FRANCESCA * COREY and GABRIELLE SAXE

Sent from my iPhone

FrancescaSaxe

Back to top Go down

Teachers - Parents Column Empty Wonderful Place

Post  jennynewkham Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:12 am

Our son has been attending Progressive Montessori for a little over 3 years. He started in the infant room when he was 9 weeks old and is currently in one of the Primary classrooms. Like any new parent, we were very nervous and hesitant on having someone else take care of our son while we worked; however, we had heard nothing but wonderful things about Progressive Montessori from some of our neighbors and friends who had children attending. We can honestly say enrolling our son here was one of the best decisions we have ever made. We have seen our son blossom from a dependent infant to a thriving, socially active, independent, respectful, and very intelligent boy. The staff and teachers are truly exceptional. They treat, care, respect, and educate our son as if he was their own. I don’t think we could have found a better place. If you are considering putting your child in daycare or school, please take the time to visit Progressive Montessori.
Matt and Jenny N.

jennynewkham

Back to top Go down

Teachers - Parents Column Empty Testimonial

Post  LoriRoss Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:06 am

" I am not sure who likes Progressive better, my son or me. I could not ask for a better learning environment than what my son has recieved at Progressive. We are overly thrilled with Progressive's methods, Montessori beliefs, and their wonderful staff and teachers. The teachers are amazing and I could never brag enough about them. We have loved everyone during our stay at Progressive. The children learn so much from their excellent program and from their caring and experienced teachers. Their summer program and activities are super fun and interesting.....my son loves it. There is no other school that could ever replace how my child has thrived and grown while attending progressive!" He is almost 3 and has been at Progressive since he was 6.5 months old.
][/i]

LoriRoss

Back to top Go down

Post  Cfrodas Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:03 pm

Our daughter has been enrolled for 3 years now. She began in the toddler room with Ms. Jennifer and then went on to be taught by Ms. Amy and now with Ms. Nina- all caring, respectful and experienced teachers. The school also has great teacher assistants like Ms. Camille. Our daughter always has kind comments about her teachers which makes us feel even more confident about our decision in choosing this school. Prior to attending Progressive Montessori we had our daughter enrolled in day care setting which often had high teacher-child ratios and inexperienced teachers. Immediately we could see the difference in how she reacted when we dropped her off. She thrived on the learning environment and became very independent and confident. The owner, Ms. Mumtaz, knows the value of Montessori teaching and ensures the children are in a safe and loving environment while they receive a quality education. Moving her to this school was one of the best decisions we made!

Cfrodas

Back to top Go down

Post  Cfrodas Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:29 pm

We love the teachers and staff so much at Progressive Montessori that when we had our second child it was an easy decision to enroll her. Our daughter was 12 weeks old when she started in the infant room with Ms. Susan, Ms. Mary and Ms. Hailey. I was not worried the first day I had to drop her off. Ms. Susan made me feel at ease prior to her first day and I knew I was getting a loving caregiver. We can not thank them enough for being part of raising her. She has now transitioned to the toddler room with Ms. Jennifer, Ms. Dixie and Ms. Jenn. Again we were not nervous for her to start her first day now in the toddler since we had heard great comments about the teachers. We are so excited to see how much she is thriving in her new class! If you are looking for a school that will respect you and your children, take into consideration teacher-child ratios, and have them learning skills in a safe and loving environment, then Progressive Montessori School is for you.- Eric and Claudia

Cfrodas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum